ACASA projects are grouped into the following broad categories:
- INTEGRATING ADAPTION INTO COMMMUNITY PLANNING
- Coastal Land Use Risk and Vulnerability
- Inland Land Use Risk and Vulnerability
- Infrastructure Design
- MANAGING GROUNDWATER RESOURCES
- ENHANCING CAPACITY OF ADAPTATION PRACTITIONERS
To address all the variables that are influenced by climate change impacts, adaptation planners need to consider many factors, including climate projections, change in land elevation and sea-levels, storm water infrastructure, development activity and land use. Integration of this knowledge and understanding the interrelationships will allow decision-makers to incorporate adaptation considerations effectively into local development and risk management activities.
Acknowledging that many factors must be considered in developing local adaptation processes and plans, ACASA is pursuing the majority of its work in partnership with local communities.
- Date modified: