Please note that this event will be held in French, with English translation provided.
Date: January 26, 2012 (noon to 6 pm) and January 27, 2012 (8:30 am to noon)
Place: Complexe Les Deux Rivières, Tracadie-Sheila,AcadianPeninsula
Cost: $40 (includes coffee, and dinner on Thursday)
This workshop (held in French) is intended for all those who want to get information about, or find solutions for the various problems linked to flooding and erosion, or to learn more about infrastructures at risk and many other climate related matters. Whether you are a city councillor, an administrator, an engineer, a town planner or a researcher, etc., this workshop is for you. It will allow you to keep up to date with the latest initiatives and solutions in the field of climate change adaptation in New Brunswick. It will also provide opportunities to meet, discuss and network with various contributors from all over New Brunswick
• Share information on existing adaptation projects in north-eastern, and south-eastern New Brunswick;
• Increase awareness of the importance of actual and projected climate changes, as well as their associated risks;
• Describe the tools that are available or that can be used reactively and proactively;
• Discuss adaptation solutions for infrastructure and coastal protection, as well as short term and long term planning.
On the agenda:
1. Introduction to climate change impacts
2. Coastal erosion – Bas-Caraquet, Shippagan and Le Goulet cases will be examined
4. Infrastructure at risk
5. Panel discussion on:
· Infrastructure: engineering solutions, location, etc.
· Coastal protection
· Planning: zoning, building guidelines, by-laws, etc.
Optional Training Workshop on Climate Change Adaptation Planning, on January 26, at 10 am
(2 hours; offered in French). This optional workshop – a program from the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) – introduces participants to a six-stage process intended to help them design climate change adaptation alternatives at their community level.
A full schedule (in French) and a registration form are available. For more information, please contact Mathieu Voyer: firstname.lastname@example.org, (506) 542-2622
A conference announcement, accommodation information as well as a registration form can be found below in pdf format.
A preliminary program (in French) can be found here: http://atlanticadaptation.ca/node/246
|Announcement-January conference-2012.pdf||384.02 KB|